Click here to go to the Dutch version
It is very important to secure your account and make sure you can trade safely.
These are the 4 steps that you can take to improve the safety of your LiteBit account and profile:
- Use a good, strong and especially unique password
A few tips to create a good and strong password are:
- Use at least 12 characters.
- Use letters, numbers and symbols.
- Use a sentence. For example, if you use the sentence “LiteBit is the number one safe, simple and human crypto platform”, your password could be “LBitn.1s,sahcp”
- Do not use information that can be easily guessed. Even though your birthday or your favorite teams name might be easy to remember, they are also easy for other people to guess.
- Do not use the same password for multiple websites. If there is a breach on a less secure website, your password can be used to enter your LiteBit account.
Some password manager apps like LastPass Authenticator, can create a secure password for you, so you don’t have to think about all of this.
Secure your account with two-factor authentication (2FA)
With two-factor authentication, or 2FA, you are using a second form of security for your LiteBit account in addition to your password. The 2FA code is always a new 6-digit code that you need to enter to confirm certain actions in your account. This makes your account much safer. 2FA is available in two forms on LiteBit, by SMS or authenticator app. We recommend using 2FA by an authenticator app.
- 2FA by SMS
If you have set 2FA by SMS, you will receive a 2FA code by SMS with any important actions in your LiteBit account.
- 2FA by authenticator app - recommended
If you have set 2FA by authenticator app, this app will generate a new unique 2FA code every 30 seconds. You can use this code at that moment to log in and to perform important actions in your LiteBit account.
Examples of authenticator apps are:
- Google Authenticator
- LastPass Authenticator
- 2FA by SMS
- Use a unique email address that is only used for your LiteBit account
If the email you use to create your account is the same you use to login to other apps and message your friends, than it is easier for people to guess which email to use when trying to enter your account.
- Secure your email address with Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
To enable 2FA on your email account, please refer to the documentation of your e-mail provider.
For Gmail got to: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
For Hotmail/outlook: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-use-two-step-verification-with-your-microsoft-account-c7910146-672f-01e9-50a0-93b4585e7eb4
If you use a different email provider, please check their documentation or their FAQ page.
Quickly go to:
How to create a strong password?
What is 2-factor authentication (2FA)?