This is a short guide of the most frequently asked questions from LiteBit about the Nano Ledger S:
The official support of Ledger can be found on the following link: Ledger support
Want to buy a Ledger?: Buy Ledger
- Installation of apps on the Ledger Nano S
- My cryptocurrency balans is incorrect
- Which cryptocurrency are support by the Ledger Nano S?
- Seeing previous used Bitcoin addresses
1. Installation of apps on Ledger Nano S
In this short guide about installation of apps on the Ledger Nano S, Ripple shall be used
Short summary of installing an app on the Nano Ledger S:
- Download Ledger manager app
- Install Ripple app on the Ledger Nano S
- Install Ripple program on pc
- Open Ripple app and program
- All information you need will be shown
- To install apps on your Nano Ledger S you need the Ledger Manager first. You can install this app with the following link:Ledger Manager
Your Ledger must be connected to the pc and the pincode must be entered
- After installing the Ledger Manager you can install the Ripple app. Within a few second the app will be visible on your device. The Ripple icon is now visible.
Now you need an interface on your computer to sent and receive Ripple.
You can download this application for Ripple by clicking on the following link:
Ripple pc application
- When you start the program, the program will ask to open te app on your Nano Ledger S.
The interface will now be visible from your Ripple wallet. When you click on "Receive" you will get a window with your Ripple address. It should start with an "r".
You can now start receiving your Ripple
NB It is recommend to first sent a small amount to see if everything works correctly
2. My balans is incorrect
When transactions are confirmed on the blockchain, but your cryptocurrency is not what you expected it to be you can follow the next steps to solve this issue:
- Refresh your wallet. Click on the circle arrows on the top right corner, near your balance
- Reset your Chrome app
Click on Settings > Tools > Reset application data
If this does not solve the issue it is recommend to reinstall your Ledger wallet Chrome Application by following the first guide.
3. Which cryptocurrency are supported by the Ledger Nano S?
- Bitcoin Cash
- Ethereum Classic
- XRP a.k.a Ripple
Plus all ERC20 tokens are supported. These are based on Ethereum network. Many ICO's use ERC20.
For the management of ERC20 tokens a website as MyEtherWallet is required.
4. Seeing previous used Bitcoin addresses
At the time of writing the Ledger apps don't support this feature, but a program called Electrum makes this possible.
Download and install Electrum
Select Standard wallet
Connect your Ledger Nano S to your computer, enter the PIN and select the Bitcoin app.
Then select "Use a hardware device"
Your Ledger Nano S is detected
Press Next, and select your Account Number. If you are not sure, leave the field with 0, otherwise enter the index of the account you want to import.
Click on Next, and Electrum with sync your account. Depending on your connection and the server, it may take from a few minutes to half an hour.
Once the sync process is finished, you can use Electrum.
Now select "View" and "view addresses" to see all your old addresses.